Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stop & Smell The Sea Roses

California is a beautiful place to live and I don't feel like I take full advantage of it.
I find myself taking the quickest routes home from work
and focusing on the destination instead of the journey.
A few weeks ago while I was with my best friend catching up on our crazy lives at our favorite 
coffee shop called Panikin I found myself checking my phone more and more as 
5 o'clock approached 
knowing full well I was going to be stuck in nasty rush hour traffic.
I of course made plans for right after we were done talking so I needed a fast route home.
Then just like that we saw an ambulance race by and in unison agreed the freeway was a no go
So I decided to take the coast..... which I NEVER do.
Once I started off I got anxious because I knew I wasn't going to make it to where I needed to be.
Then I saw the beautiful coast line and literally drove 10 miles under the speed limit to 
admire how gorgeous it was.
I couldn't believe my eyes, something that I've driven past so many times in my life had left me in awe.
God is truly an artist that's all I gotta say!! 
I definitely need to stop and smell the sea roses more often :)
Clearly I had to cancel my plans, but it was soooo worth it.







 photo 5ae1a26a-4677-452b-a7b0-def6ce42420b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts