Thursday, April 4, 2013

My faves

So today, as I was going through my typical daily routine
 I thought it would be interesting if I kept track of the stuff I couldn't live without.... I mean if it really came down to it I probably could go without a all couple of these things, but I thought it would be fun to share some of the weird material items that I love dearly with you.

(not in order of importance)


So this is my recent obsession,  it's my roommates 1 1/4 Conair little trooper because its been around for years. I don't think she has used it once in all the time we have lived together so I kinda adopted it..... ooops! I use it as a wand instead of clamping it to avoid dents and get what I call my "Lazy Girl Curls".... I believe others call it beach waves.... bore!


I typically french braid my hair every night, because now that my hair is so light and like 5 different shades it looks a lot prettier with some waves opposed to my normal stick straight boring hair. 
It's funny, just the other night I came home with my hair just natural (because I actually washed it for once and didn't have time to style it haha) and my roommate looked at me and said she couldn't remember the last time I've had it straight ...well yeah that's because I hate it and french braids at night is such an easy fix.



Dry shampoo, dry shampoo and let me say it one more time DRY SHAMPOO. This stuff saves lives I'm not even kidding (well maybe I am a little) anyways, I wash my hair every 2-4 days depending on how often I workout..... (don't worry I still shower daily) but I feel that there is no need to strip my hair of its natural oils and hey dirty hair curls sooooo much better everyone knows that! So stop the incessant daily washes and hop on the dry shampoo bandwagon peeps :)


I try to read a little every day; whether it's just a few scriptures or a few chapters it always makes a difference!


I'm sure you're thinking... okay this girl is a freak, or maybe gets scrapes often. 
Well to ease your mind a little I'm definitely a freak, but I don't get cuts and scrapes to much. I use this product for teeth whitening. I have a whole routine that I'm addicted to, but I will post that another time.  I basically just gargle with this for 30 seconds instead of mouthwash (definitely hard to get used to at first). I've seen such great results and people always tell me my teeth looks super white in pictures (that's not photoshop people.... its good ole' .87 cent hydrogen peroxide, because I'm not about to drop a ton of money on whitening strips, trays, or extreme treatments when this works like a charm!
You're Welcome.

I didn't where sunnies as mush as I should've growing up, because now I'm stuck with permanent yellow spots on the whites on my eyes so my optometrist said to always where them when in the sun from here on out. No one notices unless they are about an inch away from my eye.... which obviously never happens except for me of course, but now I'm paranoid so I have 10 pairs.... and I maybe wear 2.


Bobble water bottles are my ultimate fave. 
If you know me, you know that I don't go anywhere without mine. I have this weird feeling about tap water, so I love that it filters on the go. I bought mine at target for  $8 and you just buy the cute little colored filters ever two months. Saving so much money not buying a million plastic water bottles and saving the environmental as well.... double plus!!!
I honestly drink ten times the amount of water I used to, probably one of my best purchases yet.




I love a little lip color here and there and as of right now Primrose by Revlon with a light coat of Some Like It Taupe by Maybelline (whisper in the middle of the trio) is the perfect combo! 



Sad to say my iphone has to be on this list.... but I have a sick obsession with social media. Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, now blogging. Yikes!!! Oh welll I could always be addicted to drugs instead.... hmmmmm betta not :)

ps. yes this is the case I have. I love how it holds all my necessities! People always say it looks like a little bible haha.

This is my favorite non scented lotion. My skin is pretty sensitive and I like how I can use this on both my face and body. I try and use it right after I towel dry because I heard that's when your body soaks up the most moisture.




Well here is a little background on this because some of you who know me knew that I absolutely despised peanut butter. What I didn't tell you is i stopped liking it because I ate spoonfuls all the time as a kid and I just couldn't take another bit if I tried. It has officially entered my life full force! I used to just have it in ice cream, because it wasn't as strong now I eat it everyday; peanut butter moods, peanut butter and jelly on a waffle, and my absolute favorite peanut butter with a banana..... yum!


 photo 5ae1a26a-4677-452b-a7b0-def6ce42420b.jpg



2 comments:

Popular Posts