Saturday, April 6, 2013

Nothing Better

Nothing makes me happier then General Conference! 
There is something so incredibly special about it. I think the reason why I personally love it so much is because I was baptized on Conference weekend a year and a half ago. 
It brings back so many wonderful memories of the missionaries and all of the special people who helped me get to where I am today. If you don't know what General Conference is and you want to check it out click here.
 I love everything about it, the speakers are truly called of God. I really tried to go into it as prepared as possible with lots of questions with real intent and it is absolutely amazing how the speakers will say EXACTLY what you need to hear..... I'm not kidding I swear!
 One topic in particular that I thought spoke out to me was is the importance of being a good example and having positive self worth this was directed toward Mother's, but since I'm clearly not in that category yet, I just saw it as being a good example in general. When I first joined The Church of Latter-Day Saints many people; both friends and family were a little stunned at my decision. But because my love for the gospel grew ten fold I changed myself for the better and my loved ones noticed and saw me as a great example to them. Lately, I feel like I've been struggling with that a bit. I haven't done anything crazy, but I keep catching myself making little mistake here and there even though I know better! It's extremely frustrating and I get that I'm human and people make mistake, but knowing how important it is to be a good example really makes me what to try even harder especially because Sister Dalton emphasized how amazing a Mother's example is sooo I should probably get some practice in now before that day comes :)

Please listen to this talk to you can better understand what I'm talking about 
I promise you won't regret it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts