Thursday, April 11, 2013

Silky Smooth

With summer just around the corner, us girls actually have to break out a razor and shave more then once a week (or in some of my friends cases once a month haha). I figured it would be a great time to share a shaving tip with you!
So while on Pinterest I stumbled upon a link that said how to have a long lasting silky smooth shave. I clicked it of course, because in all honesty I'm a sucker for trying a new beauty tips and HELLO I don't think there is anyone out there who truly enjoys shaving their legs and if you do I'm sorry, but that's weird! 
Anyways, Pinterest is seriously the best!! Bu I'm sure you all already know that.... it always has the best ideas on it, so without a doubt I knew this would grant my wish of  being able to go longer without picking up a razor and avoid looking like a cave women.  
 So when I clicked it all it said was exfoliate before you shave......you're joking.
You mean all this time all I had to do was freaking exfoliate? That's your big tip for me?
Yup.
I was a tad disappointed I was think I was going to stumble upon the holy grail of shaving ideas and this is all it gave me.
Well I sucked it up and got in the shower to try it out.....
I didn't like how the site didn't give any specifics so I decided to experiment a little.
I already use Dove exfoliating body wash every day, but that apparently isn't enough so I just so happened to have this product that my best friend gave me from Bath & Body works called.......
So I decided to use a small chunk of that and mix it with the Dove body wash and my legs were already ten times more smooth before I even started shaving. After I shaved and got out I was beyond amazed.
My legs legitimately felt like butter.
After I shower I always put on lotion right after I dry myself off and this time I used both lotion and coconut oil and I'm not even kidding My legs felt like silk. I literally made everyone feel them because I was so excited about it and it did last a few more days then normal! 

Another thing you can use a little sea salt and mix it with a body wash if you don't have...... from Bath & Body Works
You might be a tad red at first, but I promise it's worth it!


This is what I use to exfloliate



Here is the alternative and a lot cheaper!!



Enjoy!

 photo 5ae1a26a-4677-452b-a7b0-def6ce42420b.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts