Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patricks Day!





For most, today is a day to wear green or run around and pinch those who aren't covered in it. It's about gathering with your family and eating the traditional corn beef and cabbage. It's about dressing up with friends and hanging out at the local pub till late hours of the night. For me not so much..... Today was my sweet Grandma's 80th birthday. She recently passed away on Christmas eve this last year just a day before her youngest son's birthday, my Dad. Usually on St. Patrick's Day I would make my way over to my Grandma's house and as I would open the door I would see her dressed head to toe in geen and sparkles with some sort of chocolate in hand. This year was not the same. Today everything felt off, I have a hard time expalining it other then exactly that. I miss her singing, I miss her laugh, I miss her silly stories, and her dancing. I know she is up in Heaven celebrating with her loving husband and hopefully Elvis too, because she LOVES him! I just wish she was here celebrating with us.... I know our life here on earth is short so I will see her soon enough, but I just hope she knows how much we all love her!








                          Happy Birthday Grandma :) Just one day closer till we will see you again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts